If you are going to work in international shipping, you need to speak, write and be able to listen and understand English, which is the compulsory language in this line of business. ASK eLearning provides you with this knowledge. This e-learning course takes you through part 2 which is the second part of the Elementary Level in Maritime English (Model Course 3.17) from IMO – International Maritime Organisation.
Maritime English, part 2
In this second part which consists of 6 modules, you will learn
- describe working as a team on board
- routine operations onboard, watchkeeping and standard engine orders
- discuss food on board
- understand commands in emergency situations on board
- cargo operations and procedures
- compare vessel details, deal with health and safety on board
The course is a mixture of reading, writing, speaking and listening. All is done via the web, so you can perform the course from wherever you are.