If you are going to work in international shipping, you need to speak, write and be able to listen and understand English, which is the compulsory language in this line of business. ASK eLearning provides you with this knowledge. This eLearning course takes you through part 1 which is the first part of the Elementary Level in Maritime English (Model Course 3.17) from IMO – International Maritime Organisation.
Maritime English – part 1
In this first part, you will learn
- asking and giving personal data
- describe crew roles and routines
- types of vessels, cabins and accomodation
- location and purpose of safety equipment
- navigational routes and geographic locations
- positions on board, give directions
The course is a mixture of reading, writing, speaking and listening. All is done via the web, so you can do the course from wherever you are.
After completing part 1, you can carry on with part 2.